LLA 301 Shaping Public Policy is a two-day workshop followed by a two-months tutoring process. The workshop allows participants to draft a market-oriented policy paper that would serve their group. Each party might have its own priority and LIMS is very flexible on the topic. After the workshop, a tutor will be assigned to each group to walk them through the process of drafting the paper.
By the end of LLA 301, participants will be able to:
- Understand the structure of a policy paper.
- Collect primary and secondary data.
- Build their case using strong arguments.
- Discuss different alternatives and explain their shortcomings.
- Draft a policy proposition and present it to policy-makers.
- Audience: Key people from groups active in the 2019 protests
- Training duration: Two-day workshop + two months of tutoring
- Workshop sessions: six sessions, two hours each
- Meetings with tutor: five meetings
- Number of tutors: six
- Language: Arabic