LIMS Leaders’ Academy – LLA
LIMS Leaders’ Academy provides a capacity building program for young activists of political parties enabling them to integrate these sound principles of economics, when assessing a situation or taking position on a policy issue. At the end of the program, staff and activists of political parties will able to:
- Acquire a framework to accurately identify and interpret the economic challenges facing Lebanon.
- Come up with well thought solutions to any economic problem they wish to address.
- Draft a market oriented policy proposition.
- Present the proposition in front of an audience and defend it.
In order to complete the LLA, participants should take the following four levels and gather 24 credits:
- LLA101 Economic Foundations of a Free and Prosperous Lebanon (Workshop) – 6 credits
- LLA201 Economic Policy Making (Webinar) – 6 credits
- LLA301 Drafting a Winning Economic Policy Proposition (Workshop) – 6 credits
- LLA401 LIMS Annual Policy Fair (Event) – 6 credits
LLA101 Economic Foundations for a Free and Prosperous Lebanon
LLA101 Economic Foundations of a Free and Prosperous Lebanon is a two days workshop hosting 10-15 staff members and activists of a political party. Several workshops are held simultaneously and members of different parties can interact over the breaks.Show More
LLA201 Economic Policy Making
LLA201 Economic Policy Making is designed for high-achieving staff and activists of political parties who are seeking a uniquely structured and advanced knowledge with a strong emphasis on practical solutions for economic challenges.Show More
LLA301 Economic Policy Drafting
LLA301 Economic Policy Drafting is a two day workshop followed by a 2 months tutoring process. The workshop allows participants to draft a market oriented policy paper that would serve their political party. Each party might have its own priority and LIMS is very flexible on the topic. After the workshop, a tutor will be assigned for each staff or activist to walk him through the process of drafting the paper.Show More
LLA401 Policy Fair
The Policy Fair is designed to help participants pitch their policy proposition in 1 min to a crowd of experts and professionals. The crowd suggests insights, feedback and experience to help participants overcome the challenges. A group of trained facilitators makes sure that each political party aggregates the dispersed information into a structured body of knowledge.Show More